Re: Problem with PMAD-AA / DECStation 5000/200

To: "Armin F. Gnosa" <armin@gnosa.com>
Subject: Re: Problem with PMAD-AA / DECStation 5000/200
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 17:51:31 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 05:35:42PM +0200, Armin F. Gnosa wrote:
> I'm owning a DECStation mentioned in the subject. It has
> only one flaw: The Firmware-EPROM of the on-board PMAD-AA
> Ethernet adapter has become amnesic. So is there anyone who
> can read out his EPROM and send me an image so that I can
> finally boot Linux from the net? The version was 5.3a

If anyone can read out different proms i would happy to put them
somewhere on the net.  I guess the Dec/Compaq whoever guys who might
own the copyright dont bother after at least 10-15 years. There are
proms who are not able to boot from the net which could be solved just
by burning a new eprom.

Flo