RM5231A Cause Register Values

To: "'linux-mips@oss.sgi.com'" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: RM5231A Cause Register Values
From: Phil Thompson <Phil.Thompson@pace.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:39:36 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
In my low level assembler interrupt handler I'm detecting a Cause register
value of 0x00800000. According to "See MIPS Run", the bit that is set should
be zero - but I haven't been able to find any RM5231A documentation that
defines this bit as anything else.  Any ideas?

BTW, the exception is raised under fairly heavy network traffic and in
either disable_irq_nosync() or ei_start_xmit(). The latter is in the network
card driver and itself contains a call to disable_irq_nosync(). I don't
believe (although I may be wrong) that this was happening under the old
style interrupt code.

Thanks,
Phil