Re: HELP can't boot

To: Guido Guenther <>
Subject: Re: HELP can't boot
From: Ian <ian@WPI.EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:59:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Soeren Laursen <>, <>
I was in the middle of a HardHat install, and fdisk was able to partition
the disks.  The problem is that I deleted all of the partitions on the
original disk, including sda9 and sda11, which store the SGI sash
bootloader and associated files.  Without the bootloader, the system is
inoperable.  I did not realize that those partitions contained it at that

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Guido Guenther wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:25:44AM +0200, Soeren Laursen wrote:
> > You need (as I know) to use irix to prepare the disk.
> No need for Irix. Linux fdisk can handle sgi disklkabels since quiet
> some time now.
>  -- Guido

Ian Cooper