Re: cross-mipsel-linux-ld --prefix library path

To: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <>
Subject: Re: cross-mipsel-linux-ld --prefix library path
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:36:34 +0200 (MET DST)
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Bradley D. LaRonde wrote:

> So if I leave out --prefix alogether, will "make install" overwrite any x86
> stuff, like that file I mentioned?

 Well, libbfd and libopcodes do conflict indeed.  In theory they can
support multiple targets at once, but I'm unsure if that's stable enough.
I use "--enable-shared --disable-static
--libdir='${exec_prefix}'/mipsel-linux/i386-linux/lib" in the configure's
command line for i386-linux-hosted cross-binutils.  As a result the
libraries get installed out of the way but they are still used by
cross-binutils thanks to the RPATH tag being set appropriately in ELF
headers by libtool.