Re: Where is the first entry point for linux-mips boot?

To: machael thailer <dony.he@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: Where is the first entry point for linux-mips boot?
From: Marc Karasek <marc_karasek@ivivity.com>
Date: 06 Aug 2001 10:21:23 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
The firmware or bootloader.  For some examples of this look at redboot
from RedHat or yamon (yet another monitor) from MIPS (I think).

Keep in mind these will prob require a seperate cross-compiler.  I have
yet to test compiling a boot monitor with linux gcc cross compiler.  You
can get one from either MIPS or Algorythmics (www.algor.co.uk).  I have
used both of these to build both of the above monitors.

Any other questions, email me..

/*************************
Marc Karasek
Sr. Firmware Engineer