Re: shm ipc broken

Subject: Re: shm ipc broken
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:59:01 +0900

ralf> Thanks for the report.  Now, the kernel interface is what it is
ralf> supposed to be so you patch was unacceptable.  Instead I've sent
ralf> below patch to to the libc maintainers for inclusion.  Also for
ralf> semaphores we also had a structure missmatch.

There is still a structure mismatch between msqid_ds (in libc's
bits/msq.h) and msqid64_ds (in kernel's asm-mips/msgbuf.h).

Here is a patch to fix kernel's header, but I can not tell which one
should be fixed.

Atsushi Nemoto