Re: shm ipc broken

To: ralf@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: shm ipc broken
From: Atsushi Nemoto <nemoto@toshiba-tops.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 15:59:01 +0900
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
>> The attached patch fixes a problem with shm ipc. The structs
>> ipc_perm in /u/i/bits/ipc.h and ipc64_perm in include/asm/ipcbuf.h
>> had different sizes and so caused the copy_shminfo_to_user in
>> ipc/shm.c to corrupt user space(the kernel structure was 8 bytes
>> larger).

ralf> Thanks for the report.  Now, the kernel interface is what it is
ralf> supposed to be so you patch was unacceptable.  Instead I've sent
ralf> below patch to to the libc maintainers for inclusion.  Also for
ralf> semaphores we also had a structure missmatch.

There is still a structure mismatch between msqid_ds (in libc's
bits/msq.h) and msqid64_ds (in kernel's asm-mips/msgbuf.h).

Here is a patch to fix kernel's header, but I can not tell which one
should be fixed.

---
Atsushi Nemoto