Qube2 gcc 2.7.2 compiler error

Subject: Qube2 gcc 2.7.2 compiler error
From: John Heil <>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 12:53:01 +0000 ( )

On the Qube2, gcc 2.7.2, option -s, to generate MIPS assembler
corresponding to the input C code, generates invalid assembler
by virtue of generating duplicate labels. The resultant
assembler will not assemble, of course, due to the duplicate
labels.  The code (linux kernel's printk.c) compiles cleanly
from C to object code.

Q: How do I get valid assembler from gcc on Qube2 ?
(My ultimate goal here is to be able to get listings out
of gas.)

Thanks much
John H