Re: [long] Lance on DS5k/200

To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Subject: Re: [long] Lance on DS5k/200
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 02:32:45 +0200
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>, Dave Airlie <>, SGI MIPS list <>, Debian MIPS list <>,
On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:24:21AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Of course. I wouldn't even *try* to do sth other. In fact, I'm looking
> around for various specs of various implementations (as seen from
> the bus) of the LANCE chip to see if I could manage the job to
> unify them all together:

> ./drivers/net/pcnet32.c                               none mentioned

even if it's based on the lance design from AMD (and it support a lance
compatible mode), you won't be able to unify this driver with other lance
drivers since the driver uses the 32bit mode of the pcnet32 chip familiy

Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]