Re: [long] Lance on DS5k/200

To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Subject: Re: [long] Lance on DS5k/200
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 02:32:45 +0200
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>, Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>, SGI MIPS list <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>, Debian MIPS list <debian-mips@lists.debian.org>, engel@unix-ag.org
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 12:24:21AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Of course. I wouldn't even *try* to do sth other. In fact, I'm looking
> around for various specs of various implementations (as seen from
> the bus) of the LANCE chip to see if I could manage the job to
> unify them all together:

> ./drivers/net/pcnet32.c                               none mentioned

even if it's based on the lance design from AMD (and it support a lance
compatible mode), you won't be able to unify this driver with other lance
drivers since the driver uses the 32bit mode of the pcnet32 chip familiy
79C97[0-8]).

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                 [ Alexander Viro on linux-kernel ]