glibc problem

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: glibc problem
From: Andre.Messerschmidt@infineon.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:09:37 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi.

During compilation of glibc 2.2.3  I get the following error:
Can not represent BFD_RELOC_16_PCREL_S2 relocation in this object file
format

Someone in the archives meant that -D__PIC__ should be included to the
CFLAGS to resolve this problem, but it seams that I am too dumb to do this.
I tried several locations to set the variable in the Makefiles and used the
configparms file to set it, but nothing worked. Then I tried to define it in
the file where the error occured, just to realize that there are more
locations where this define is needed, so I reckon it would be the best to
define it from the beginning.
Can anybody tell me how to get it right?

best regards
--
Andre Messerschmidt

Application Engineer