Replacing the Console driver

To: Debian MIPS list <debian-mips@lists.debian.org>, SGI MIPS list <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Replacing the Console driver
From: "John D. Davis" <johnd@Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I am modifying the linux kernel to be able to be run by a simulator.  I
need to modify the console driver and interrupt handler.  I have been
going through the various files, console.*, tty.* and the serial files to
see how to interface to the console.  I have also read some kernel korner
articles, but they seem a little out of date.  Is there any other
recommended documentation on the console driver and how it works on an
indy? I am trying to sort out the low-level interfaces from the
higher-level ones.  I just need to change the low-level interface from
using the hardware to using the simulator interface.

thanks,
john