AW: GCC and Modules

To: ralf@oss.sgi.com
Subject: AW: GCC and Modules
From: Andre.Messerschmidt@infineon.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:12:47 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi.

> He's refering to the last official release of binutils which indeed wasn't
> usable for modutils.

I compiled the tools by myself but the problems remain.
My module should only print a message using printk, but I can't get it to
run.

Here are my results:
> insmod module.o
insmod: unresolved symbol _gp_disp

Module compiled with -mno-abicalls and -no-half-pic (as someone in the
archives mentioned)
> insmod module.o
Warning: unhandled reloc 9
insmod: Unhandled relocation of type 9 for
Warning: unhandled reloc 11
insmod: Unhandled relocation of type 11 for printk
Warning: unhandled reloc 9
insmod: Unhandled relocation of type 9 for
Warning: unhandled reloc 11
insmod: Unhandled relocation of type 11 for printk

Does anybody know what the problem is?

regards
--
Andre Messerschmidt