about serial console problem

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: about serial console problem
From: Barry Wu <wqb123@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:51:25 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi, all,

I am porting linux 2.4.3 to our mipsel evaluation
board. Now I meet a problem. Because I use edown
to download the linux kernel to evaluation board.
I update the serial baud rate to 115200.
I use serial 0 as our console, and I can use
printk to print debug messages on serial port.
But after kernel call /sbin/init, I can not
see "INIT ...  ..." messages on serial port.
I suppose perhaps I make some mistakes. But when
I use 2.2.12 kernel, it ok.
If someone knows, please help me. Thanks!

Barry