Re: mips64 linker bug?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: mips64 linker bug?
From: Lars Munch Christensen <c948114@student.dtu.dk>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:39:23 +0200
Cc: Lars Munch Christensen <c948114@student.dtu.dk>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 09:07:37PM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 06:17:33PM +0200, Lars Munch Christensen wrote:
>
> > Thanks...What should I do now? Change my code to mips32 or are there some
> > patches to binutils that I can use, to get it working?
>
> Depends on what you want to do?

I'm working on a very small, single address space, microkernel and I have
the MIPS Malta with a 5Kc CPU to develop it on. The 5Kc is compatible
with mips32 but I must admit, I really like to have my kernel
running 64bit :). Is there a working binutils for 64 bit code floating
around somewhere or should I stick with the mips32 stuff?

I tried the binutil from ftp://ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/SRPMS/ but
they where unable to compile with target mips64-linux.

Thanks
Lars Munch