Re: I2 R10K status?

To: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: Re: I2 R10K status?
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:30:38 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:01:55PM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> processes crash due to unaligned access/illegal instruction in
> kernel space. The serial console drops characters on high
> throughput.

This is true for all sgis IMHO - I have seen this before on the
Indy and Indigo2 - This is a bug in the sgiserial.c - I have tried
to find it before but havent been successfull. Another bug lets
the serial to freeze completely which prevents serial console
machines from reboot as the and print to the console blocks.

This has been fixed somewhere in the 2.4 area.

Flo