Re: [patch] 2.4.5: DECstation LK201 keyboard non-functional

To: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Subject: Re: [patch] 2.4.5: DECstation LK201 keyboard non-functional
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:33:17 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Harald Koerfgen <hkoerfg@web.de>, Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Dave Airlie wrote:

> Well that file you've moved is still a DEC specific file .. all the arch
> non-specific stuff is in drivers/char/dz.c and drivers/tc/zs.c already..
> the decserial.c file does nothing for any other arch but the DECstation..
>
> I'd rather it was fixed with the serial.c file in the old place... but
> hey I'm not exactly contributing a fix here so feel free to ignore this
> rant :-)

 I think the file can (and should) be removed altogether one day.
Especially as it's not flexible enough, considering PMAC-A.  The stuff in
tty_io.c should handle a console on both kinds of serial chips fine, just
like it handles a number of other chips already, but it needs careful
checking of both drivers to handle all cases fine.  Improving the serial
drivers is on my to-do list, but don't hold your breath.