Re: Toolchains

To: James Simmons <jsimmons@transvirtual.com>
Subject: Re: Toolchains
From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:20:50 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:41:14AM -0700, James Simmons wrote:

> > The toolchain in my RedHat 7.1 mips port is as good as the x86 version
> > for RedHat 7.1. Since there is no mips maintainer for gcc, many
> > mips patches aren't reviewed. But they are in my mips toolchain.
>
> Where are they? On the oss.sgi.com site.

My mini-port of RedHat 7.1 is at

ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/redhat/7.1/

you should be able to put a small RedHat 7.1 on the mips/mipsel box and
compile the rest of RedHat 7.1 yourselves.

Here are something you should know:

1. The cross compiler hosted on RedHat 7.1/ia32 is provided as a
toolchain rpm. The binary rpms for the mips and mipsel cross compilers
are included. You will need glibc 2.2.3-11 or above to use those
rpms. The glibc x86 binary rpms under RPMS/i386 should be ok.
2. You have to find a way to put those rpms on your machine. I use
network boot and NFS root to do it.
3. install.tar.bz2 has some scripts to prepare NFS root and install
RedHat 7.1 on a hard drive.

Thanks.

H.J.