Re: [patch] 2.4.5: DECstation LK201 keyboard non-functional

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>, Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: [patch] 2.4.5: DECstation LK201 keyboard non-functional
From: Harald Koerfgen <hkoerfg@web.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:28:14 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Monday 16 July 2001 20:43, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
[DECstation Keyboard]

>  Note while putting a file away from an arch-specific tree into a generic
> driver one might seem a bad move, it really is the right thing in this
> case.  The point is the decserial.c device is not arch-specific at all,
> i.e. no more than the 8250 serial.c device is.  DEC used the devices in a
> number of their systems, including DECstations (onboard SCC and DZ11 and
> TURBOchannel PMAC-A DZ11 devices), DEC 3000 Alpha systems (onboard SCC and
> PMAC-A devices) and VAXstations (onboard DZ11 and PMAC-A devices).  Thus I
> believe they should be treated as generic devices, especially as the VAX
> and the DEC 3000 Alpha (to some extent) Linux ports are underway.

I tend to agree, but maybe I'm biased.  On the other hand, it would prpbably
be better to modularize the dz and zs drivers.

However, if nobody has any objections I'll commit this for the 2.4 series.

Greetings,
Harald
--
Don't look now, but there is a multi-legged creature on your shoulder.