Re: [ANNOUNCE] Secondary mips tree.

To: James Simmons <jsimmons@transvirtual.com>, Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Secondary mips tree.
From: Shane Nay <shane@minirl.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:22:40 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Friday 13 July 2001 08:01, James Simmons wrote:
> > Good. I should definitely take a look. [Do you care about vr4130 or about
> > tx3912, too?]
>
> Yes. If you want to work on it no problem.

Huh, Very Cool.  I was getting ready to queue up a huge IRDA forward port in
linux-vr to the 2.4.6 version.  (Still el-crashola on me right now)  The one
in the present repository likes to overwrite userspace applications pretty
much at randomn.

Maybe after things simmer down I'll port the Agenda hardware platform over to
your repository, and Agenda can switch to using that.  linux-vr has been
really really stale since we froze at our present version for toolchain
reasons.  Those toolchain problems were fixed ages ago, but Mike & Brad who
had been responsible for forward porting the kernel stopped doing that work
for the most part.

Thanks,
Shane Nay.