Re: Moving from old-irq.c

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: Moving from old-irq.c
From: Jun Sun <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:55:27 -0700
Cc: Phil Thompson <>, "''" <>
Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:16:56PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > Is there any documentation around that describes how to move from interrupt
> > code based on old-irq.c to the new code? Or any other hints or suggestions.
> Take a look at arch/mips/sgi/indy_int.c but there are more examples.

Under ddb5xxx/ directory there is an example of doing cascading portable IRQ
controllers.  The irq_cpu.c file really should be shared by all common r4k
style CPUs.

> You'll have to provide
> an init_IRQ()

Ralf, I think we should have a common init_IRQ() in arch/mips/kernel, which
will then call (*setup_irq)().  This way it is easier to build a kernel for
multiple boards.  It is also more compatible with the current arrangment.
What do you think?