USB OHCI on 2.4.2 kernel using r4k processor

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: USB OHCI on 2.4.2 kernel using r4k processor
From: Wayne Gowcher <wgowcher@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:45:26 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Dear All,

Has anyone got USB OHCI running on a 2.4.2 kernel with
a mips r4k processor ?

I have successfully used the above with a r3k mips
processor but now after porting the same base code to
a r4k processor the kernel throws an OOPS.

I believe the problem may lay with the writeback cache
because when I disable the d cache on the r4k 2.4.2
kernel USB works fine !

I did some digging around and noted that the working
aic7xxx driver I have on the 2.4.2 r4k makes use of
pci_map_single to handle cache flushing ( ??? please
correct me if I am wrong ) and that this type of code
doesn't make it into the usb code until 2.4.4 of the
sgi linux kernel.

Does anyone have a "back patch" to apply to the 2.4.2
usb code ?

If not I am thinking of attempting this myself and
would welcome any comments / advice about doing this

TIA

Wayne