Re: MIPS Cross Compiler Tools

To: Marc Karasek <marc_karasek@ivivity.com>
Subject: Re: MIPS Cross Compiler Tools
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:55:53 -0700
Cc: "'linux-mips@oss.sgi.com'" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Marc Karasek wrote:

Will these be in the form of rpms or tgz files??

rpm

In the case of rpm do
you know if they would be package similar to the ones on oss.sgi.com?

I'm not sure how the oss.sgi.com tools are packaged. The MontaVista release gets installed in /opt/hardhat/<....>. The /opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/fp<le|be>/target is the root fs that gets mounted over nfs. The target root fs has all the userland apps and native tools. The /opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/fp_<le|be>/bin has the cross tools.

ie Setup for a crossdev enviroment.  I just really need the cross tools
as the dev is on an embedded system, with no harddrive.

That's what we work with mostly as well.

The userland
stuff is pretty worthless to me.  I will be using busybox, tinylogin,
etc. for the standard bin utilities.

OK, but we have all of those packaged in rpm as well, and it's very easy to rebuild the rpms from the source rpms, if you need to rebuild them.

Pete

Having a few megabytes to store
everything in makes you very sensitive to size.... :-)

Thanks for the quick response...