Re: MIPS Cross Compiler Tools

To: Marc Karasek <marc_karasek@ivivity.com>
Subject: Re: MIPS Cross Compiler Tools
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:39:02 -0700
Cc: "'linux-mips@oss.sgi.com'" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Marc Karasek wrote:

I had a question about the cross compiler tools for MIPS, specifically
glibc.  I d/l the rpms from oss.sgi.com,  but they are only binutils, and
the compiler (C, C++).
Are most people building glibc against these or are you building the tools
completely from scratch?  As glibc is needed to compile anything else other
than the kernel.

Friday or Monday MontaVista should have the HHL2.0 Journeyman mips release on the ftp site which will include the userland apps, cross AND native tools, etc. The tools and glibc are very up to date. I would suggest checking Monday for the release and using that instead of building your own.

Pete