Re: Documentation on MIPS kernel options...

To: sjhill@cotw.com
Subject: Re: Documentation on MIPS kernel options...
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 12:23:26 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Steven J. Hill wrote:

Greetings.

I have been having some correspondance with Eric Raymond (ESR)
concerning MIPS configuration options. I have already sent him
a fairly good sized list of descriptions for some MIPS options
that will be utilized in the CML2 build system for the 2.5.x
and 2.6.x series kernels. He sent me another list of items and
I decided to ask those of you on the list to provide the
descriptions. Please send me the descriptions and at the end of
next week I will compile the results and send them off to Eric. Thanks.

-Steve

CONFIG_ARC_CONSOLE
CONFIG_AU1000_UART

The uart on the Alchemy Au1000 is almost a 16550 but not quite. I've added support for that uart in the non-standard uart section in drivers/char/Config.in. This option is needed if you want uart support for debug and/or serial console.

CONFIG_EVB_PCI1
CONFIG_FORWARD_KEYBOARD
CONFIG_GDB_CONSOLE

CONFIG_IT8172_REVC

An older version of the IT8172 system controller what has slightly different pci mem windows. However, I don't think we need to support this anymore so I plan on dumping this asap.

CONFIG_IT8172_SCR0
CONFIG_IT8172_SCR1

On the IT8172 system controller, Smart Card Reader 0 and 1.

CONFIG_SYSCLK_100
CONFIG_SYSCLK_75
CONFIG_SYSCLK_83

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,

Pete