Re: Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

To: "kjlin" <kj.lin@viditec-netmedia.com.tw>, <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:08:35 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
When the kernel boots up and mounts the root file system,
the kernel start to do "execve("/sbin/AP",argv_init,envp_init)" to run a AP.
But in my case, it panics when kernel tries to do the "execve("/sbin/AP",argv_init,envp_init)".
The kernel panic message shows " Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init! ".
What situation will trigger such kernel panic?
Well, bogus values for argv_init and envp_init would be the first thing I would check...

            Kevin K.