Re: mmap problems ? in 2.4.5

To: Scott A McConnell <samcconn@cotw.com>
Subject: Re: mmap problems ? in 2.4.5
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:43:11 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Scott A McConnell wrote:

I have a simple program that maps a frame buffer into user space and
draws an image
onto the fb.

This program worked fine under 2.4.3 however under 2.4.5 the program
runs but nothing appears on the FB. The memory I am writing to does not
appear to be the frame buffer.

Nothing has changed in my fb driver so I am wondering if anything has
changed in how memory is mapped via the kernel?

Thanks for your consideration

I believe the frame buffer driver interface changed in 2.4.5. It supposed to be much cleaner now and the fb driver has to do less than before. You'll probably need to port your driver to 2.4.5. If you have any problems, I think the fb maintainers can help you out.

Pete