introduction

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: introduction
From: Timothy Daly <remote_bob@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:53:37 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi all. :)  I'd like to introduce myself, if I may.

My name's Tim, and I'm in Berlin at the moment.  I
recently picked up an Indigo2 R10000 SI, which is a
very nice purple.  I can't really knock Irix, but I
don't have the source, and I don't have a compiler,
which is like a car with no seats where you can't
open the hood.  Besides, I've always wanted to have
a good reason to hack around on the Linux kernel a
bit.
So, here I am. :)

I'm going to spend the next week or two getting my
bearings on what's been done, and what's waiting to
be done.  Then, if I'm not completely out of my depth,
maybe I can help with some stuff.

One thing that's somewhat unfortunate is that it seems
SGI still hasn't released any documentation for the
Impact graphics hardware.  Is there any word on that?

Well, pleased to meet you all.  Have fun.

-Tim