Re: Creating a mips tool chain for mips3

To: Shay Deloya <shay@miya.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Creating a mips tool chain for mips3
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:24:01 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 07:14:22PM +0300, Shay Deloya wrote:

> How can I configure the gcc and glibc to be compiled as mips3 and not mips1
> by default ?

Getting libgcc built as non-mips1 is something I haven't figured out
yet.  At least, not without gross hacks.  glibc is easy - put -mips2
in CFLAGS when you call configure.

In any case you must not use mips3 userland on 32-bit kernels, on
account of 64-bit istructions being used.  You must use mips2.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------