Re: Profiling support in glibc?

To: Brian Murphy <brian@murphy.dk>, "linux-mips@oss.sgi.com" <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Profiling support in glibc?
From: Greg Satz <satz@ayrnetworks.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:05:18 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I was able to get profiling working using glibc-2.2.2 and gcc-2.95.3. Both
packages needed changes. The compiler had a stack misalignment correction
for glibc. Glibc didn't save all the registers nor treat sp/fp correctly.
Currently files compiled with -pg need to be linked -static. Specs need to
be updated to do this automatically.

I will send diffs if there is any interest.

Thanks,
Greg