Re: Newbie question...

To: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Subject: Re: Newbie question...
From: mjpento <mjpento@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:50:06 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello folks,

I am actually inquiring on a similar note. I have an Indigo R3000 under my desk that is collecting dust. Firstly, I would like to port a linux kernel to this system. I am sort of a newbie to porting os's. So, I have a few questions that I would like to ask:

1. Is there someone out there working on a port to the R3000's Indigo's? If so, does someone know who it is or a link to a website??? etc ...

2. Since I am rather new to porting, is there a resource that you folks would suggest out there on the internet that would be a good starting point for information or tips on the best porting methods?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Mike