Re: Kernel crash on boot with current cvs (todays)

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: Kernel crash on boot with current cvs (todays)
From: "H . J . Lu" <>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:37:15 -0700
Cc: Florian Lohoff <>, Raoul Borenius <>,
On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 01:53:06PM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 12:09:27PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > I got a hint that it might be the compile to produce this bug - I was
> > suggested to use some gcc 3.0 prerelease. I now checked again and i am
> > already using some gcc 3.0
> It's not a tool related bug but a genuine kernel bug in our semaphore code.
> Which - unfortunately is a bit of headache to fix but is more or less the #1
> on the list of my instabilities right now.

I have some kernel crashes which are cured by some gcc/binutils changes
which I don't believe should make any differences. I thought I could
take out the mips64 and -march patches. But wtithout them, the user
applications seem ok, but the kernel crashes in all different places.
I have to put them back in. They may be kernel bugs and my gcc/binutils
changes may just hide them.

BTW, what is the current 2.4 kernel patches for Algorithmics P6032?