Re: Kernel crash on boot with current cvs (todays)

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: Kernel crash on boot with current cvs (todays)
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:01:09 -0700
Cc: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 03:01:32AM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

>  Good it has a way to override the default, but wouldn't looking for
> objdump in the PATH variable (i.e. using execvp()) be more reasonable?
> This way ksymoops would always work in a cross-compilation environment
> (i.e. with $tooldir/bin preceding $bindir in PATH).

Actually, it would probably be preferable to try first arch-os-objdump
and maybe one or two other similar variants and then search the path.
Supposing I have multiple cross environments on my machine...

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------