Re: cross compile doc on sgi's site

To: Donovan Arellano <donovan@technodada.com>
Subject: Re: cross compile doc on sgi's site
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:58:44 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 04:04:53PM -0800, Donovan Arellano wrote:

> Hi - there use to be a cross compile doc on the linux mips site. Does
> anyone have a copy of it or can you point me to the location that it
> lives.

There's a section on cross compiling in the FAQ/HOWTO at
http://oss.sgi.com/mips/mips-howto.html (section 10) which has been
there all along.

Or, you might see http://foobazco.org/~wesolows/mips-cross.html.

Of course you can always just follow standard GNU practice and pass
the requisite --target=mips-linux to configure and see what happens
(hint: it's close to all you need).

Or, you can pick up the make-cross package from
ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/crossdev/, which
will do all the work for you, or one of a dozen similar pieces of
hackware out there.

Or read one of any number of other Google-accessible information
repositories with each author's own little tricks and tips for
building cross-toolchains.

There's really no excuse for anyone to keep asking about building
cross compilers.  Really, this stuff is as easy to find on the net as
pr0n and pyramid schemes.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------