Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips

To: Daniel Jacobowitz <>
Subject: Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:09:09 +0200
Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>, "H . J . Lu" <>,,
On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 01:24:02PM -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Nope.  It's based mostly on the same 4.17 patch from David Miller, and
> some bits from Ralf, all marked as assigned to the FSF (though I'm not
> sure if that ever actually happened); I'll straighten out copyright
> once I've got the whole thing done.

The FSF already has a copyright assignment for my GDB work however David
to my knowledge never assigned his code to the FSF nor as he did this
work during his internship at SGI do I know if SGI still has any rights
on his work.  Unfortunately by now I fear David's and my work is tangled
in a way that we won't be able to distinguish who wrote what to the degree
required by the FSF ...

David, can you comment?