Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips

To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
Subject: Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:44:04 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:

> 2. gdb in RedHat 7.1 has yet to be ported to mips. Without a working
> gdb, it is very hard to fix 1.

 Gdb 5.0 works for me (and a few other people, I think).  Check
'ftp://ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro/SRPMS/gdb-5.0-6.src.rpm'.  Most of the
patches have been submitted.  The only remaining one is the port of 4.17
changes from oss that needs copyright assignments from its authors.  There
might be a few insignificant issues remaining (I think "next" and "nexti"
don't work properly), but this is the version of gdb that helped me very,
very much to debug a few quirks in MIPS/Linux ld.so during glibc's 2.1.9x
development stage.