Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips

To: "H . J . Lu" <>
Subject: Re: New toolchain for Linux/mips
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:44:04 +0200 (MET DST)
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, H . J . Lu wrote:

> 2. gdb in RedHat 7.1 has yet to be ported to mips. Without a working
> gdb, it is very hard to fix 1.

 Gdb 5.0 works for me (and a few other people, I think).  Check
''.  Most of the
patches have been submitted.  The only remaining one is the port of 4.17
changes from oss that needs copyright assignments from its authors.  There
might be a few insignificant issues remaining (I think "next" and "nexti"
don't work properly), but this is the version of gdb that helped me very,
very much to debug a few quirks in MIPS/Linux during glibc's 2.1.9x
development stage.