Re: Newbie Question, Please help

To: Robert Rusek <robru@teknuts.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie Question, Please help
From: "John D. Davis" <johnd@Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:47:57 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
You should make sure that the vmlinux kernel is nfsroot configured. Check
the config-* file for CONFIG_ROOT_NFS=y.  Also read the nfsroot.txt in the
cvs Documentation directory for more info.  I found that getting the linux
filesystem from a linux box works best.  The major and minor nodes for the
/dev directory are correct.  Also, a useful installation page is located
at:

http://www.stafwag.f2s.com/indy/?lang=eng

I found this helpful.
john davis