Native compile on the target using RedHat 6.1 rpms

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Native compile on the target using RedHat 6.1 rpms
From: Wayne Gowcher <wgowcher@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Dear All,

I am trying to native compile for mipsel-linux using
the declinuxroot tar file as my NFS and egcs-1.0.3a-1
as my compiler, glibc-2.0.6-5lm as my libraries as
suggested by the README file in
oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mipsel-linux/README.

But when I try to compile I get the following error :

/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cca003091.o: uses different e_flags
(0x102) fields than previous modules (0x2)
Bad value: failed to merge target specific data of
file /tmp/cca003091.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [pointer] Error 1

When I compile the same program using the RedHat 5.1
rpms / nfs the program compiles to completion OK.

Anybody seen this before ?
Any ideas what I am doing wrong ? missed out ?

Any help appreciated.

Wayne