Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel
From: Joe deBlaquiere <jadb@redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:46:41 -0500
Cc: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

 First, we are talking about glibc and not the entire userland.

But since essentially the entire userland is linked with glibc,
I'm not sure how much that distinction matters, in practical
terms.

 Do you link statically?  If not, then almost no code from glibc is
incorporated into your binaries, with an unimportant exception of a few
functions from libc_nonshared.

and those pesky little inlined code snippets...

#define PT_EI extern inline

PT_EI long int
testandset (int *spinlock)

which of course uses ll/sc if your world is built for _MIPS_ISA >= _MIPS_ISA_MIPS2

This can be fixed, of course.
--
Joe deBlaquiere
Red Hat, Inc.