Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel

To: Jun Sun <>
Subject: Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 20:55:53 +0200
Cc: Joe deBlaquiere <>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>,, Pete Popov <>, George Gensure <>,
On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 08:54:12PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> My favourit would be to let the glibc on runtime decide whether
> to use sysmips or ll/sc in the atomic test_and_set stuff. This would
> lead to an common atom op in the userspace which is fast on ll/sc
> cpus and gives much lesser performance penaltys in the sysmips case
> than emulating ll/sc.

But again - I tried to run this discussion again and again - As long
as there is no code to use there is no point in taking a discussion.
I needed a working sysmips for debian as we compile the glibc with
sysmips (performance penalty but for now works everywhere) thus
i fixed the sysmips.

Let the code speak

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912