Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel

To: Joe deBlaquiere <>
Subject: Re: MIPS_ATOMIC_SET again (Re: newest kernel
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:34:13 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Jun Sun <>, Florian Lohoff <>,, Pete Popov <>, George Gensure <>,
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Joe deBlaquiere wrote:

> I would vote for option #4 - make sure the ll/sc emulation stuff works
> and use ll/sc in glibc instead of sysmips. Beyond the pthreads mutex

 Please don't.  The emulation is an overkill here and the overhead is
painful for ISA I systems, which are usually not the fastest ones.  This
has already been discussed here.

 If you want to go for speed and use ll/sc on an ISA II+ system, then
compile glibc for ISA II or better.  It will never call sysmips() then.