Re: mips-tfile

To: "Ralf Baechle" <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: mips-tfile
From: "Steven Liu" <stevenliu@psdc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 16:42:37 -0700
Cc: "Keith M Wesolowski" <wesolows@foobazco.org>, <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi ALL:

I have a question regarding MIPS Makefile.

In the Makefile of the Linux build directory, there are two Macros of C
compiler flags: HOSTCFLAGS and CFLAGS.

What are their purpose and difference? In another words, what is host gcc?
Why do we use host gcc in building the target kernel?

If you could give me any help, I would be very pleased.

Thank you.

Steven Liu