Re: Netscape on linux-mipsel ??

To: Wayne Gowcher <wgowcher@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Netscape on linux-mipsel ??
From: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 13:29:08 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Wayne Gowcher wrote:

Dear All,

Does anyone know if Netscape or any other browser has
been compiled to run on linux mipsel ? All I can find
so far are "x86" source for netscape.

If it has, care to tell me the links where I may get
it ?

Alternatively, if no one knows of anyone having a
working linux mipsel Netscape binary / rpm. Anyone
care to guess the scope of attempting to modify the
x86 or mips-sgi-irix sources to run on mips ?

We're pretty close on having both, be and le mips binaries. You'll need a graphics card which has frame buffer driver support so that X can run on top of the FBdev driver. Check with me again "later".

Pete