Re: PATCH: Extended Interrupt support for the RM7000-based Ocelot

To: Matthew Dharm <>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Extended Interrupt support for the RM7000-based Ocelot
From: Jun Sun <>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:19:05 -0700
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>, Linux-MIPS <>, Chuck Storey <>, Harry White <>
On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 04:27:27PM -0700, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> Attached is a patch which adds support for extended interrupt devices
> to the Ocelot.  It was created against a current CVS snapshot.  Ralf,
> please apply.
> The patch basically re-writes the interrupt handler to read the
> extended interrupt mask from the Set 1 registers on the QED RM7000.
> It also changes the support functions so that these interrupts can be
> masked and unmasked properly.
> It occurs to me that this probably should go (eventually) into an
> RM7k-specific file, and not an Ocelot specific file.  But the current
> arch/mips/ tree doesn't seem to support this well, so I figured that
> for a first pass, keeping everything where it current is will cause
> the least confusion.

The best way to support RM7K extended interrupts is to use the new
irq.c and write rm7k irq controller code, (e.g., irq_cpu_rm7k.c).
It should be similar to one I sent out (irq_cpu.c file) a while back.
If you cannot find it, I can send you again.

The modification to the common files looks a little bit instrusive.
But I won't complain if Ralf does not - he usually has a higher
standard. :-)