Where to start with a R4000 Indigo

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Where to start with a R4000 Indigo
From: peter.zijlstra@chello.nl
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:44:01 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,.

I recently acquired a R4000 50MHz Indigo without an IRIX install nor CD
with it. No CD-Rom player either, however I did order one, network however
does seem to work. And as I am a linux fanatic and professional programmer
myself I would like to see whether I could help a bit with bringing linux to
this system.

As Indigo support isn't finished and I have nothing but a bare BIOS
to start with; and have no experience with the machine to begin with;
I have to ask for _help_ :)

Where do I start reading and tinkering to get linux; for as far as it's
sort of running; on my system ?

Are there any specs for the machine, especially for those parts that need
most urgent development and which parts are that ?

kind regards,
        Peter Zijlstra