Re: Configuration of PCI Video card on a BIOS-less board

To: Pete Popov <ppopov@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: Configuration of PCI Video card on a BIOS-less board
From: Wayne Gowcher <wgowcher@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:43:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Pete,

I think I am in "dopey" mode this morning.

The 0xC000 0000 I was talking about comes from another
board I was working on recently that mapped a
comapnion chip into kseg2 space. It seems it's been
burnt into my brain :(

The working PCI card is actually mapped to 0xA200
0000, and I am using that for the VGA card. My
comments about the address translation were totally
wrong. Sorry for any confusion.

Time for a coffee and a long rethink :)