Re: Configuration of PCI Video card on a BIOS-less board

To: Wayne Gowcher <wgowcher@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Configuration of PCI Video card on a BIOS-less board
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 23:01:54 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 10:55:12PM -0700, Wayne Gowcher wrote:

> I can probe the Base Address Register successfully,
> determine the cards memory requirement and that it is
> memory rather than mapped IO. But when I try to write
> the address I have allocated to the PCI card ( eg
> 0xC000 0000 ) the address will not latch in the base
> address register.

Is that a valid bus address on your system?

> Does anyone know of any code that carries out PCI
> probing similar to that found on x86 PC's ?

Look in drivers/pci - that can scan the bus and such - it's generic
code used on many architectures.  Many systems lack "bios" and work
fine in linux.

--
Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org> http://foobazco.org/~wesolows
------(( Project Foobazco Coordinator and Network Administrator ))------