Re: Binary compatibility break understood ?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Binary compatibility break understood ?
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 20:59:34 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>, "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@cotw.com>, Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, Tom Appermont <tea@sonycom.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> It's only modutils which for correct functionality depends on the trad-
> format, so I don't see any real reason for raising version requirements
> for libc.

 That would be needed if elf(32|64)-trad(little|big)mips was specified
explicitly as rtld-oformat in sysdeps/mips/mipsel/rtld-parms and
sysdeps/mips/rtld-parms.

 Note that libc doesn't require any version of binutils at all now.
This is probably bad as using pre-2.11 versions of binutils may yield
weird results.