Re: Binary compatibility break understood ?

To: Andreas Jaeger <>
Subject: Re: Binary compatibility break understood ?
From: "Steven J. Hill" <>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 08:59:24 -0500
Cc: Florian Lohoff <>, Tom Appermont <>, Ralf Baechle <>,
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > There's the patch. It's not much but it is correct. I have built multiple
> But it's not complete.  AFAIK remember you posted a patch with some
> more changes and HJ even suggested to remove the file.
I had this discussion with Ralf. He had reasons to not remove this
file altogether. Perhaps some input from him would be prudent. Ralf?!

> I need an update for the FAQ that explains which binutils version is
> required for MIPS and I prefer to have a test that checks on
> MIPS-Linux for the correct emulation in ld.
As far as the versions for binutils:

   HJLu binutils- or greater
   CVS binutils
   binutils 2.11.1? (I'm not sure what the next release number is)

For the correct ld emulation, I assume you mean make changes in glibc
to check for the proper target 'elf[32|64]trad[little|big]mips'?

 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: ''
 FPR1: E124 6E1C AF8E 7802 A815
 FPR2: 7D72 829C 3386 4C4A E17D