Re: [patch] 2.4.4: mmap() fails for certain legal requests

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [patch] 2.4.4: mmap() fails for certain legal requests
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 16:59:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl (Maciej W. Rozycki), linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Alan Cox writes:
 > And just how is he going to test it ? Considering he was just
 > asking if the concept was reasonable I think you are a little out
 > of order

I can't test every platform when I have to make such changes.
But it always serves to show the port maintainer "what" the
change was.

Yes, I am slightly out of order if the intent is just "does
this idea look fine" (which it does btw, I can't  find any
problems with it).

I apologize to Maciej, but I do deplore him to actually do the
final bits for the other ports when he makes his final patch
submission.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com