Re: Linux on a Tektronix XP217C xterm

To: Mike Barnes <mike.barnes@sci.monash.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Linux on a Tektronix XP217C xterm
From: Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Kaj-Michael Lang <milang@tal.org>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, 8 May 2001, Mike Barnes wrote:

> Kaj-Michael Lang wrote:
> > Any chance of getting linux running on a tektronix x-terminal ? It has
> > a LR33020 cpu, that I think is a R3000 integrated with some graphics
> > chip. I've tried searching for documentation for the chip but I didn't
> > find anything.
>
> I was wondering about these beasts the other day - I had one under my
> desk when this email arrived.
>
> Now I've cracked it open, what looks like the CPU is labelled ...
>
> LR33120MC-40
> MIPS GRAPHXCTLR
>
> I'd be nice to get something running on these. I've got about half a
> dozen of them scattered around the place.

Good luck.

The Tek X-term business was bought by NCD a couple of years back.  There
is no one left at NCD who remembers how those things work anymore.  (Last
time I was there they had NO hardware engineers and one software
engineer.) Why this occured is a long and Dilbertian story too long to fit
in the margin of this message.

You are on your own on that one...

alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."