Re: Linux on a Tektronix XP217C xterm

To: (Kaj-Michael Lang)
Subject: Re: Linux on a Tektronix XP217C xterm
From: Alan Cox <>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:07:29 +0100 (BST)
> Any chance of getting linux running on a tektronix x-terminal ? It has
> a LR33020 cpu, that I think is a R3000 integrated with some graphics
> chip. I've tried searching for documentation for the chip but I didn't
> find anything.

MMUless pseudo mips embedded CPU. Hardwired TLB's for KSEG etc. Also a few
other cute suprises such as multiply being interruptible and the irq handler
having to save cpu magic registers before doing another one.

Some of the 3com routers I hacked on used variants of these beasties. I suspect
its a ucLinux target unless you have one with loadable TLB's